Tacalyx GmbH, located with its laboratories in the center of Berlin, is an impact-driven start-up focusing on the development of novel treatments for cancer. Our mission is to substantially improve current therapies by exploiting TACAs as novel targets for different high medical need cancer indications that still cannot be adequately treated.
For our highly motivated research team we are looking for immediate support by a
Senior Scientist/Group Leader Antibody and Protein Biochemistry (m/f)
Working in Research at Tacalyx is a unique opportunity for someone who would like to grow his/her own team and who is now looking for a challenge in a highly dynamic research field. It will also allow you to have a deep dive into the different areas and topics required for drug development.
Your Tasks And Responsibilities
You will be responsible for the planning and execution of projects and necessary experiments and reporting of your results to your line manager.
As an enthusiastic and self-motivated scientist, you will be involved in the discovery and preclinical development of highly novel therapeutic proteins. The position requires a PhD in biochemistry or biological sciences with extensive hands-on experience in the expression, purification and characterization of recombinant proteins. Main tasks of this position are:
- Cloning and expression of recombinant proteins
- Development and conduction of purification schemes
- Biochemical characterization and analysis of proteins
- Set-up and conduction of molecular biologic methods (e.g. ELISA, Western Blot)
- Preparation and review of scientific reports
- Keeping up to date with scientific literature, advancements in the field and new technologies relevant to the project
- Interaction with project teams and external parties
- PhD in the field of biological sciences with recent, extensive research laboratory experience
- Strong background in antibody technologies and biochemical characterization
- Direct experience in Molecular Biology techniques relevant for recombinant protein expression
- Hands-on experience with preparative protein chromatography is mandatory. Knowledge in HPLC-based method development would be an asset
- Knowledge in mammalian cell culture is expected (transient and stable expression of recombinant proteins)
- 2+ years of relevant experience after your PhD in academics or industry
- Knowledge of carbohydrate biology would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both in German and English
- Modern office and fully equipped laboratory located in central Berlin
- Opportunity to build a business from scratch within a fast-growing startup • Competitive salary
- Smart and committed team that is fun to work with
- Room for personal growth
If you are self-driven, interested to work in a professional and ambitious field and your background and personal experience fits this profile, please send us your complete application to email@example.com, including a cover letter, your CV and your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectation. EU visa and/or working permission is required.