Tacalyx is a biopharmaceutical start-up company researching and developing innovative therapeutics to target cancer-specific carbohydrate antigens. To strengthen our team in Berlin, we are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated and experienced scientist on the bench-level. The major focus of this position is the development and execution of biological assays for antibody characterization.
For our highly motivated research team we are looking for immediate support by a
Research Scientist (m/f) Biological Antibody Characterization
Working in Research at Tacalyx is a unique opportunity for someone who would like to grow his/her own team and who is now looking for a challenge in a highly dynamic research field. It will also allow you to have a deep dive into the different areas and topics required for drug development.
Your Tasks And Responsibilities
- Cellular assay development using various technology platforms (including flow cytometry, microscopy) for antibody screening and characterization
- Cultivation of primary cell model systems (e.g. primary macrophages, co-cultures) as well as generation of overexpression cell lines to be used as antibody validation platform
- Execution and analysis of antibody screenings in own responsibility
- Analysis and summary of data for presentations, reports, publications
- Keep up-to-date on scientific advances from literature and scientific meetings
Essential Background And Skills
- PhD degree in Life Sciences with focus on immunology or cellular biology
- Hands-on experience in primary cell culture (e.g. macrophages) is highly desirable
- Demonstrated expertise in antibody characterization and validation (e.g. CDC, ADCC, ADCP)
- Hands-on experience in generation of stable overexpression cell lines is a must
- Expertise in immunology techniques including multi-color flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, cytotoxicity and proliferation assays is a must
- Excellent communication skills and teamplayer
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Ability to design and execute experiments, critically interpret experimental results, and present data in a meaningful manner
- A permanent position with a competitive salary as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovation and teamwork
If you are self-driven, interested to work in a professional and ambitious field and your background and personal experience fits this profile, please send your complete application (including cover letter, CV, earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectation) to email@example.com, EU visa and/or working permission is required.